Saturday, Dec. 9th
Johnson City, TX
We're hosting a Block Party with delicious chili, live music, and drinks available from some local favorites! Hang around to view Lights Spectacular in the evening. Tasting cups will be available to everyone by donation. All proceeds support the Lights Spectacular High School Scholarship Program.
1PM - Block Party Begins
(Tasting Cups Available)
2PM - Submissions Due
5PM - Awards
Register Your Team!
This is a CASI-sanctioned cook-off and LOCAL participation is welcomed and encouraged! Registration is $25 - please pre-register
See Rules and Regulations Below
There are a few basic rules that a cook must remember:
• You must prepare your chili from scratch, in the open and on-site
at the cookoff. No marinating and no complete commercial chili
• Do not use fillers in your chili; such as beans, macaroni, rice,
hominy, or other similar ingredients.
• Prepare and cook your chili in as sanitary a manner as possible.
You may be asked to taste your chili at turn-in for judging. Your
cooking conditions are subject to inspection by a CASI official or
local health authorities.
• Prepare one pot of chili only, which you intend to be judged. You
cannot cook several pots. No more than one judging sample can
be taken from any one pot.
• Cooks must sign their judging cup ticket with full first and last
names. Cooks must present their signed ticket to win.
• Once judging cups have been issued, each cook is responsible for
their judging cup and cup ticket.
• Fill your judging cup to the level that is prescribed at the cook’s
• Turn in your judging cup with chili at the prescribed time. A late
turn-in will be disqualified.